Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Famous Obama Quotes


"Muslims have the same right to practise their religion as everyone else in this country. And that includes the right to build a place of worship and a community centre on private property in Lower Manhattan."

"I've got two daughters. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."


"The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act." 


"You go into these small towns... they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion."


"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."


"As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right."


"I know I haven't spent a lot of time learning the ways of Washington. But I've been there long enough to know that the ways of Washington must change."



"I favor legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages."

There was no use of "civil unions," and "no compromise whatsoever," the Windy City Times story notes. On another questionnaire the same year, Obama said he would support a resolution in support of same-sex marriage.


No comments: